Creating 'bleed' in Photoshop

christod

I need to add bleed out beyond my clipping path, so that when i 'trap' in ESKO there will actually be image for the trap to occur. Previously I have used a fine Photoshop plugin called AutoBleed, that seamlessly cloned image beyond your path. Alas, AutoBleed runs only under Classic mode.
Can anyone suggest an easy method for cloning image around a path?

To explain what i am doing: I have a CMYK plate in one image, that needs to trap to a spot colour background coming from another image. There is a clipping path on the plate. I need to add additional image of plate outside of my clipping path.

The CS5 content-aware fill should be a hit! Tried it on a couple of images and seems to be great :) extend canvas with relative sizeof the bleed select the new area with lasso and delete replacing with content aware.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back