Flattening Transparency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flattening Transparency

I am having an issue with the transparency flatting in Illustrator (CS3).
    I have a file that is an oval, there is a drop shadow (in multiply mode) on an object that is near the edge but does not extend to the edge of the image.
    The transparency flatener shows the drop shadow(in the form of a white box) extending past the edge of the oval.

This is causing issues in my Preps layout as the white box is overprinting my other ovals.
    I have tried printing to postscript, tried flattening before saving the pdf, tried saving it back to previous versions of Illustrator.

Nothing seems to work.
    Any Ideas?

Re: Flattening Transparency

Is rasterizing the image in Illustrator an option? I seem to remember this
    coming up in the past, and that was an option that worked for the given
    job.

Comment

Rasterizing the image in Illustrator or Photoshop most of the time is the only fix to flatten stubborn images.

Comment

Is the drop shadow a spot colour? If so, convert to process. We have had this issue many times with supplied files.

Comment

How about file export to psd the section you need, then rebuild in photoshop and place the tiff of dcs back in.

Comment

You can make the drop shadow spot or even in process format. Just double the pallete and it will pop up the process color. In Spot color, create a swatch and make spot and drag that into the pallete.

How about file export to psd the section you need, then rebuild in photoshop and place the tiff of dcs back in.
            You cannot place .tiff file in illustrator. It will show the white portion of the image. The trick is layer the file in photoshop and save as .psd. It will work on illustrator document.

Edited by: Edgar Ian on Feb 5, 2008 11:33 PM

Comment

UltimateDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)Standard FinishingKBA4Over
            UltimateDuploStandard FinishingKBAKBA GTIChili publish4Over

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4915 users online. 105 members and 4810 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,151 at 11:36 AM on 11-17-2017.

Working...
            X