Flattening Transparency

I am having an issue with the transparency flatting in Illustrator (CS3).
I have a file that is an oval, there is a drop shadow (in multiply mode) on an object that is near the edge but does not extend to the edge of the image.
The transparency flatener shows the drop shadow(in the form of a white box) extending past the edge of the oval.

This is causing issues in my Preps layout as the white box is overprinting my other ovals.
I have tried printing to postscript, tried flattening before saving the pdf, tried saving it back to previous versions of Illustrator.

Nothing seems to work.
Any Ideas?

Re: Flattening Transparency

Is rasterizing the image in Illustrator an option? I seem to remember this
coming up in the past, and that was an option that worked for the given
job.

Is the drop shadow a spot colour? If so, convert to process. We have had this issue many times with supplied files.

How about file export to psd the section you need, then rebuild in photoshop and place the tiff of dcs back in.

You can make the drop shadow spot or even in process format. Just double the pallete and it will pop up the process color. In Spot color, create a swatch and make spot and drag that into the pallete.

How about file export to psd the section you need, then rebuild in photoshop and place the tiff of dcs back in.

You cannot place .tiff file in illustrator. It will show the white portion of the image. The trick is layer the file in photoshop and save as .psd. It will work on illustrator document.

Edited by: Edgar Ian on Feb 5, 2008 11:33 PM

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back