Offending operator: Tissue Paper Collage

River

I've been working on an Ilustrator CS file and noticed I was getting memory full when copying some text (I've got 3gb of RAM and 2 programs open on a G5 2ghz mac). I saved the file to my desktop (for safety) and opened up the original file on the server. When I reopened this file again I've now got this message. I've attached a screen grab. Any ideas as I've also tried to open on other macs and in CS2 with no luck?

Re: Offending operator: Tissue Paper Collage

Any spot-color transparencies or transparency-applied imported images in the file? I have found that the transparency functions in CS can be unpredictably problematic and can cause memory loop problems. CS2 and CS3 have proven to be more stable. Do you have the same memory problem if you convert the text to outlines?

Edited by: uncle leo on Jan 23, 2008 7:57 AM

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back