Editing Images

sgravel

Since upgrading to OS X 10.4.10, I now can't edit images in Acrobat 7 (could before). Also can't drag an .eps, tif or PDF into my Photoshop in my doc. Can only edit images in Illustrator which leads me to believe it's something in Photoshop. Any ideas?

Re: Editing Images

In Acrobat 7 in your preferences, you must choose TouchUp from the side bar, and designate the Image editing program you're going to use.

Otherwise, close Acrobat, and throw out your preferences (Acrobat7.plist) from the user/library/preferences folder.

I had done the designating program already and I just tried the 2nd option and that didn't work. Would it be a Photoshop problem where I can't drag and drop any longer?

Editing images in Acrobat 7 and using your Photoshop alias in the dock are 2 different issues. Which one are you talking about?

The alias in the dock may be corrupt. Throw it out and grag it to the dock again.

With upgrade on the OS, each file format (tif, jpg, eps) may need to be set up to open in Photoshop again. (get info/open with/change all)

Be careful with eps's, you sorta want vector art to open in Illustrator.

Hope this helps!

Sorry, these didn't work either. I'm talking about both issues and I do believe the 2 are connected some how but don't know how. I should clarify that I'm using the touchup tool in Acrobat and the image won't open in Photoshop. This same thing happened to another computer here when all her programs were re-installed.

Thank you!!! Putting the "Adobe Unit Types" in the Scripting Additions folder worked.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back