Image Shift when printing/plating a pdf file...PLEASE HELP

orourkej

Hi,

I have come across a problem twice now that I hope someone could shed some light on....

I have been supplied with a high res pdf file created from Quark 7. When printed in single pages (not imposed) directly from Adobe 5 on a PC to a Xerox 250 some images shift to show white around some edges of images placed within the pdf file. When printed from any version of Adobe on a MAC no shifting occurs. It also occurs when sending the file from a mac or PC through a Prinect/ Compose workflow. In the plate preview the shifting is visible.

I have had some success re saving the pdf file as a ps file. This has eliminated some of the shifting but not all.

Please any help or insights.

Thank you in advance

Re: Image Shift when printing/plating a pdf file...PLEASE HELP

Without seeing the file- - who can tell.
Can you get access to the Quark file?
-
Quark creates its "Picture Boxes" (or artists creating "Picture Boxes" in Quark)
have "White" as their backgrounds.
When this runs through your trapping application -
the surrounding art traps to the "White" background of the "Picture Box" and not to the Picture.
In Quark - change all your "Picture Box" "Backgrounds" to "None".
If all you get is PDFs from Quark ...
you may be able to change this with PitStop ( I forget, right off hand).
-
Maybe...
try to choke your background to your pix
rather than letting your trapping app trap your pix to the background.

MSD

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back