Dumb question of the day

bbmeister

With Acrobat 7 I was able to change a preference(?) to save a snapshot as a PDF, not a PNG file, . Now I can't seem to find it.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Bobm

Re: Dumb question of the day

Hi Bob,

By "snapshot" I assume you mean screen capture.

If so, I was not aware that Acrobat had this ability (how cool though!). I use a program called OnyX which is a Mac OS X utility program which allows you to change the screen capture default file format among its many other features.

You can download it from: www.titanium.free.fr/pgs/english.html

Of course, there are other programs that can also do this.

Cheers,
Jon Morgan
Hopkins Printing

Yea
On the OSX side it is command-shift/4 and it makes a .png by default.
bobm

Do you mean the snapshot tool in Acrobat? That doesn't save to disk - it only copies to the clipboard using the native format for images of the OS on which you are running.

For saving the page as an image, you can choose any of the various formats that we support including PNG.

Leonard

We are using Acro 8.1 Pro.
command/shift/3 captures the whole window and command/shift/4 captures a selection
Thanks
bobm

I found it. You have to type.
defaults write com.apple.screencapture type pdf
killall SystemUIServer
In a Terminal shell window
Thanks to all
bobm

"command shift 4 space bar" is entire window...
"command shift 3" is entire screen

Also ,if you cant find the screen capture in your program ..remember that you ca nscreen capture anything on the screen (including web pages, open programs etc) by using this:
alt (and) Prt Scr

If you do that it screen captures and saves to clipboard, which you can then Paste into any image editing program.
not sure if that relates to your program issue, but if you meant a screen capture, that would do it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back