Illustrator and DCS 2.0 trouble.

Re: Illustrator and DCS 2.0 trouble.

Change the mode from CMYK to Multichannel. Make sure your spot is actually a spot and save as a DCS2.0 file composite with preview. Illustrator may not work, but I know InDesign will, I have done it many, many times.

@ David Wolfe (related the Leonard's comments)

oops !

Edited by: Michael Jahn on Feb 26, 2008 11:36 AM

> {quote:title=alarson wrote:}{quote}
> Quick! Open up into Photoshop and Save as PSD and then update link in InDesign. Export PDF out and the world is a better place.
>

Hmmm, for those crusty enough to remember the days when PDF hadn't saved the world yet, you could just open the file in PS, and re-save it w/ a preview?
Yeah, converting everything into a PDF's been a great thing. For my billable time! LOL! ;)

Keep the OPI link my friend, your printer will appreciate it.

- Mac

Edited by: Mac on Feb 26, 2008 6:52 PM

If you save the DCS files as a single file with a color display, then update the links in the illustrator file you should be able to see the DCS images in Illustrator. Then save the illustrator file as a PDF. When you check the color seps in Acrobat, turn on overprint preview. You should be able to turn on and off the seps and see both the DCS and Illustrator colors. This PDF should color separate fine with most rip systems.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back