Grayscale in Indesign & Illustrator

Anita

Hi all,

I am a beginner & not very well acquainted to Indesign & Illustrator.
I have a set of few Illustrator & Indesign files which i want to view in Grayscale.
But I somehow couldnt manage to so.
I got a suggestion of using grayscale profiles. This option worked only in Illustrator and not in Indesign.
(I am working with CS2.)
Is there a way I can simply view files in grayscale?

Appreciate your time.
Thanks in advance.

Re: Grayscale in Indesign & Illustrator

Would doing something as simple as printing the document on a black toner laser-printer suffice?

Anita:

I made an ICC profile you can use. It is meant to approximate the result of assuming CMYK is "US Web Coated SWOP v2" and converting to "Dot Gain 20%." Anything that is assigned this profile will be CMYK, but it will be as if the inks are all neutral, so it is probably only useful for proofing. The forum will not let me attach it. Post back with your email address and I'll send it to you. You may want to obfuscate your email address as you type it so web bots won't pick it up and give you spam. E.g., nameATdomainDOTcom instead of [email protected].

Apparently the forum automatically converts the email address, because I typed it out in the usual way, not with (at) and [dot]. That's pretty cool.

I dont think you can just view them however you should beable to export out using the grayscale profiles for exporting pdfs and then view those.

Thank you all for the answers.
I will try out the ways you all suggested.
Heres my email id: anita_nerkar(at)yahoo(dot)com

Edited by: Anita Nerkar on Feb 27, 2008 8:10 AM

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back