Acrobat 8 Form Fields

pjschimpf

Here's my problem. I have an Acrobat 8 PDF with form fields set up as a Table of Contents template so various information can be changed from publication to publication (Title, Author, etc.). Because each book may be a different size, we run it through Quite Imposing's "Trim and Shift" function to move the document to the upper left corner. The saved PDF with forms fields prints fine if we by-pass Quite Imposing, but the form fields disappear if we process using Quite Imposing. (By the way, it's version 1.6 used on Acrobat 6 on the PC). Outside of upgrading the PC software, is there something else that could be keeping the forms fields from printing (outputting to an OCE 2105). Is there something in Acrobat to "click" to make the form fields print?

Thanks,
Patti

Re: Acrobat 8 Form Fields

You need to update your software - simple as that.

That older software (specifically Quite Imposing) doesn't know how to impose form fields - so it strips them off. I believe their latest version does the right thing. OR you can use Acrobat 8 itself, which can perform a similar function.

Leonard

Re: Acrobat 8 Form Fields

This may be an extra step, but if you print postscript of the pdf conatining the form fileds and use distiller to create a new pdf - use this new pdf for the Quite imposing imposition and your off like before without form fields.

I tried to do something similar and so I made a pdf using postscript from a pdf with form fields to make a new pdf. this new pdf now does not have fields and text will not be stripped out when imposed.

Again, not as simple as having the upgraded software do it all for you.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back