CS3 multiple users

rande

I read somewhere, where Adobe will let you load software at two outside locations.
I loaded it at home and someone else tried to load it on his laptop but send there were
to many users.
Anyway to find out how many users it is seeing without getting Adobe involved?

Re: CS3 multiple users

I believe the EULA allows you to install it on 2 different computers as long as they are not being used at the same time. For example, your work PC and home PC. Since you can't be in two places at once you would only be using one of them at a time. It does not allow you to install it on 2 different computers (like at work) and have two different users running them at the same time. (I think that is how it works)

Yes, thats how I understand it.
Thank you.
But its not working on this laptop for some reason.
Any thoughts on that?

Technically, but I have seen my copy running on my laptop and at work at the same time. You are not supposed to use one license on 2 different machines at the same time, but it is mostly a trust thing because short of invading your privacy, Adobe really can't know they are running at the same time.

As far as not being able to load it on another machine, the license must have already been installed twice (at least Adobe thinks it has been.) If it hasn't been, then probably your only option is to call Adobe.

How do you mean - 2 outside locations?
You mean you have it on a "work" workstation
and now want to put it on two "outside" laptops?
That is 3. Only 2 are allowed.

MSD

As the poster before me said, that would be 3 installs. The workstation and 2 outside locations. If you try to activate it for the 3rd time it will tell you it has already been activated the max amount of times possible. You can go and deactivate from one of the other installs and then activate on that laptop but I wouldn't try to do this a lot.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back