Acrobat keeps crashing

gumbylives

Hi,
We are running the latest CS 5.5 software. Acrobat 10.1.3 Mac OSX 10.6.8., Pitstop Pro 10 update 3. Acrobat crashes at least 3 times a day on both our machines.
Is this an OS and Acrobat bug? Has anyone else had the problem?
If so what was their solution.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
Gumby

CS 5.5, Acrobat 10.1.3, Pitstop Pro 09 update 3, Mac OSX 10.6.6 here and Acrobat crashes whenever I try to quit it. I noticed that behavior since the CS5.5 upgrade about 2 months ago.

Hi,
Acrobat 10.1.3 Mac OSX 10.6.8., Pitstop Pro 10 update 3.
Acrobat crashes at least 3 times a day on both our machines.
Is this an OS and Acrobat bug? Has anyone else had the problem?

It is a known bug in Pitstop Pro 10 which Enfocus has fixed in Pitstop Pro 11.

why should we have to upgrade. This should just be a patch!

why should we have to upgrade. This should just be a patch!

What I don't like is when you buy a car and there is something wrong in the manufacturing of a part, you get a free recall. With software why should we have to fork over $200 per license on 2 machines to fix something that wasn't working in the first place. It should be a free patch and not just included in a software upgrade.
Forcing us to either upgrade or deal with a program constantly crashing is not good customer service.
Gumby

It is a known bug in Pitstop Pro 10 which Enfocus has fixed in Pitstop Pro 11.

In PitStop Pro 11 (released begin may), we made already the needed adjustments to deal with the introduced changes in the Acrobat 10.1.3 update which were reported end of april.
Customers who want to use the Acrobat 10.1.3 update are hence advised to upgrade to the PitStop Pro 11 release in case they want to work with the latest Acrobat 10.1.3 update as PitStop Pro 11 solves these reported issues.

As a general recommendation, please send any issue you would still face with PitStop Pro 11 to [email protected] in order to let us investigate any remaining problem.

Leen - PitStop Product Manager

This is such BS. Sorry for my language, but you can't force people to upgrade (paid) To solve a bug that effects probably every user that wants to keep their software up to date.
This kind of attitude started the demise of Quark... Please remember that.

This is such BS. Sorry for my language, but you can't force people to upgrade (paid) To solve a bug that effects probably every user that wants to keep their software up to date.
This kind of attitude started the demise of Quark... Please remember that.

I couldn't have said it better.

I have sent an email to enfocus and have yet to get an official response. I still disagree strongly that we should not have to pay to upgrade when the product we paid for in the first place is buggy.

Hi, Acrobat crashes at least 3 times a day on both our machines. Is this an OS and Acrobat bug? Has anyone else had the problem? If so what was their solution.

keep in mind . . . this is only a work-around.

save-as, but do not close, the document . . . making sure your mouse cursor is not using pit-stop's pointer tool . . . i.e. use default acrobat's "hand" tool. now close the document . . . then quit the program by going to file-quit.

another issue i found is to not "dock-quit" acrobat from a "hidden" state . . . acrobat seems to prefer being in view (having mouse-focus) when quitting.

i use a 2010-minimac . . . buggy 'n slow as molasses . . . acrobat 7.5 / 9.0 / 10.0 all have problems quitting. most times acrobat crashes because of pit-stop. however . . . occasionally, all cs5's crash as well (illustrator, indesign, photoshop, acrobat). personally . . . i think the issue could be with mini-mac . . . but whatever.

i also have similar arrangement on pc (win-xp) . . . never one crash. just prefer mac because it is more user-friendly environment.

from what i understood . . . pit-stop-11, while still in beta, allowed free upgrade from pit-stop-10. i have no idea . . . perhaps you might still find a beta-copy floating around the internet ? personally, i woulda' upgraded to the beta version . . . but my supervisor told me "no deal".

I am just not happy with the speed and layout of Acrobat X. It seems very clumsy and slow compared to Acrobat 9. Having to create actions for simple menu items is just silly.

How can Enfocus antisipate that there version 10 product made for Acrobat 9+ would have an issue with Adobe's version 10 product?
If you printed a job for me would it be your responsibility to antisipate that I would not spell something correctly and reprint the job for free?

Just received this reply from Enfocus. Hello,

Acrobat 10.1.3 introduced a change that caused problems with PitStop Pro 10, update 3. These problems were reported to us at the end of April. We fixed these problems as soon as possible in our next release, being PitStop Pro 11 which was released at the beginning of May.

I would advise you to either downgrade to a version of Acrobat 10 before 10.1.3 or to purchase PitStop Pro 11.

Kind regards,

So, did Enfocus promise that PitStop 10 would work with any future version of Acrobat? Don't get me wrong, I hate putting out money on upgrades every year or so, but asking 3rd party developers, even ones that probably work as closely with the main program developers as I expect EnFocus probably does, to foresee all the changes to that main program that would occur in the future sounds rather like asking them to be a god. We don't need to have them acting any more god-like.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back