Acrobat 8 Pro - Preflight

nickyg

Hi Forum,

Having some strange issues when preflighting PDFX files in Acrobat 8 pro, basically i have an additional check that verifies if keylines are below 0.25pt, when this check is run it errors on keylines that are 0.6pt ! and registration marks set at 0.25pt !...which is obviously wrong.

Now i can lower the keyline check limit to 0.24pt to get around the registration issues, but i what about the incorrect error as reported below:

Page 12: stroked 0.6pt CMYK (0.0/0.0/0.0/0.992) overprint on

When i run the same check in Acrobat Pro 7, it passes ok...

Can anyone help ?

Thank you,

Nick.

Re: Acrobat 8 Pro - Preflight

Hi Nick,
I only use preflight reports as a general guide. Whatever it flags as wrong, I review it and decide myself whether the file is fine or not.

One major flaw I see with all the talks about automatic work flow is, assuming software/hardware are error-free or at least better than human.

Hi Happy Friday,

Thanks for your reply, yes of course human intervention is always needed to decipher any technical issue, however, i would like to know why Acrobat 8 pro is behaving this way....

Nick.

Nick,

can you please provide me with your preflight profile and the PDF in question.

p.kleinheider [at] callassoftware [dot] com

Please also tell me which version of Preflight you are using - "Show detailed view...." option - open "Preflight Information" triangle - read preflight version

Regards,

Peter

>Page 12: stroked 0.6pt CMYK (0.0/0.0/0.0/0.992) overprint on

What happens if you try these two separate tests:

1. Page 12: stroked 0.6pt CMYK (0.0/0.0/0.0/1.0) overprint on?

2. Page 12: stroked 0.6pt CMYK (0.0/0.0/0.0/0.992) overprint off?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back