Custom Page Size and Printing from a PDF

Lee@Lamb

Ok, tough one here, just started a new job and the majority of the files we are sending down need to be printed out of acrobat, no hot folders and can't really use postscript files. My problem is that everytime i print a pdf with an odd page size i need to either create a new custom size in page setup or print it on a much larger sheet which is causing issues when printing independant pages on our proofers. I am looking for a plug in or something that gives me an option similar to indesign where you choose custom page size and it automatically adjust to the bounds of the page with out changing its size etc. Make sense?

Any ideas will be much appreciated. Hopefully soon we will be switching to prinergy but at the moment im afraid is Celebrant! eeek.

Many thanks

Lee

Re: Custom Page Size and Printing from a PDF

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding but can't you use Acrobat's cropping tools to get the pages to the correct size? The pitstop plugin for Acrobat allows you to fiddle with all the various bounding boxes to create new page sizes, and you can automate it. Also let us know what version of Acrobat you are using, and platform.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back