A simple 1/c preflight profile in Acrobat, is there one?

Gregg

I have been unable to create a preflight profile, in Acrobat, that flags 4/c art (Raster or Vector). All my attempts end up flagging every page's registration marks and all text that was set to 0/0/0/100.

Any suggestions?

Do you mean greyscale as 1 colour (not say one spot colour)? Is it just preflighting with no fix or preflight and fix (or is that fix and preflight)?

I just checked out the GWG, however they don't have a greyscale preflight profile.

Stephen Marsh

As a start why not take an existing profile and change the check for numbers of separations to 1?

Not a total solution, but it would flag any issues and provide a starting point.

That's what I would do at least in PitStop.

Yes, I mean grayscale. And, yes, I would just like it do detect, not fix. I would run this on our 1/c fiction interiors, which sometimes have Photoshop and Illustrator links.

Seems pretty simple, right? I've tried so many things, all with 0% success.

I'll give the 1 sep a try.

Thanks.

Here, I just built a quick Preflight Profile. Try it out.

Attachments

• black only.kfp.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 185
Thanks, Rich. I ran your profile and, unfortunately, I get the same results that I get with mine existing profile. It flags every crop mark, and every us of 0/0/0/100 text. See screen-shot.

I can't seem to find a way for the profile to ignore these elements and focus on art objects, instead.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-11-19 at 11.38.41 AM.png
    Screen shot 2012-11-19 at 11.38.41 AM.png
    77.8 KB · Views: 192
The practical side of me would create a fix to convert rego colour to greyscale and CMYK only text to greyscale so that the preflight error would not be triggered...while the problem solving side of me wishes to make the preflight work as you ask without a fix. I have not had time to do either.

EDIT: The practical side of me won out, sample Acrobat 9 preflight with fix attached...

Stephen Marsh

Attachments

• Greyscale TEST.kfp.zip
    478 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back