Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting PSD to PDF for print

Hi,

This is my first post here and am fairly new to press printing. I have to convert a PSD file to PDF (A4 size). Could somebody please tell me what is the correct dimensions I should use for creating the content/design in PSD. I lloked up on the net and it said 212mmx299mm. The printer mentioned they do not do bleeds so what would be the ideal size then.

Also do I need to flatten the PSD file for export. I believe I could export as a .jpeg from Photoshop and still create a PDF in Acrobat 8??
    Any suggestions on this will be a big help?

Thanks

Re: Converting PSD to PDF for print

The correct size for A4 is 210 x 297 mm (without bleed).

Simplest way is to save the PSD file as a Photoshop EPS file and drop the EPS on the Distiller.
    If your printer didn't provide you with the right distiller settings, I would just use the PDF X/1 setting which usually works well.

Hope this helps.

Comment

You can save it as a PDF right in Photoshop. No need for any conversions.

Comment

Thank you for your suggestions. Yes thats what I did...converted to PDF from Photoshop itself.

But was trying to print through Acrobat and I kept getting a border around it, don't know why. I do not use Acrobat as much so not familiar with the settings also.

The printer asked me to create a 9'x11' layout; am doing so and they would be leaving a .25' border around anyways.

Comment

UltimateDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)Standard FinishingKBA4Over
        UltimateDuploStandard FinishingKBAKBA GTIChili publish4Over

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5035 users online. 112 members and 4923 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,151 at 11:36 AM on 11-17-2017.

Working...
        X