Converting PSD to PDF for print

Sanny

Hi,

This is my first post here and am fairly new to press printing. I have to convert a PSD file to PDF (A4 size). Could somebody please tell me what is the correct dimensions I should use for creating the content/design in PSD. I lloked up on the net and it said 212mmx299mm. The printer mentioned they do not do bleeds so what would be the ideal size then.

Also do I need to flatten the PSD file for export. I believe I could export as a .jpeg from Photoshop and still create a PDF in Acrobat 8??
Any suggestions on this will be a big help?

Thanks

Re: Converting PSD to PDF for print

The correct size for A4 is 210 x 297 mm (without bleed).

Simplest way is to save the PSD file as a Photoshop EPS file and drop the EPS on the Distiller.
If your printer didn't provide you with the right distiller settings, I would just use the PDF X/1 setting which usually works well.

Hope this helps.

You can save it as a PDF right in Photoshop. No need for any conversions.

Thank you for your suggestions. Yes thats what I did...converted to PDF from Photoshop itself.

But was trying to print through Acrobat and I kept getting a border around it, don't know why. I do not use Acrobat as much so not familiar with the settings also.

The printer asked me to create a 9'x11' layout; am doing so and they would be leaving a .25' border around anyways.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back