Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [black] printing in color!!

Hi,

I am printing through Onyx RIP, from various Adobe applications.
    I am finding that when people spec the [black] color in InDesign, Illustrator, what have you.... that a lot of times when it prints on my HPs (5500 and z6100).... they are changing to colors.
    I can turn the spot color table off and it prints black, but then all my other spot colors/Pantones are out of whack.

Does anyone know why this is happening (I'm assuming it's a confusion with the name...) and/or more importantly, how I can fix it? Is there a way to set [black] to always export out of Adobe as 100% black?

Thanks,
    Jon

Re: [black] printing in color!!

this seems like a slam-dunk...
    InDesign and Illustrator CS2 and up: Preferences/Appearance of Black/On Screen-Display All Blacks Accurately...Printing/Exporting-Output All Blacks Accurately
    hope this helps...

Comment

That was it.
      I also had to check off the Overprint [black] setting, which is in the same dialog box.

Comment

As an FYI: the "On Screen" and "Printing / Exporting" are application settings that effect any document that you view, print, or export from this one computer. I always change the Screen and Printing / Exporting on every computer I use at work. This should default to Black instead of Rich Black.

The "Overprint [Black] at Swatch at 100%" is a document setting and will be saved in the document. Thus, any where you take this document, this setting will effect it.

There are a lot of people who like this feature so small text set to 100% [Black] will overprint the background, I don't have problems with this. The problem I do have is a big 100% [Black] box slightly sitting on top of a picture or other colored box. I then see the object from below, through the [Black] box when printed on Press. When I uncheck it, the type will knockout the background, but my RIP will trap the type pulling in the background from behind creating an overprint anyway. So I don't see a need to have this feature on by default.

Comment

UltimateDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)Standard FinishingKBA4Over
        UltimateDuploStandard FinishingKBAKBA GTIChili publish4Over

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4178 users online. 97 members and 4081 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,151 at 11:36 AM on 11-17-2017.

Working...
        X