alright, i've had enough

V

Visualaid

Adobe, how in the hell do I keep the "accept or deny incoming network connections" box from popping up every damn time I start any piece of the software. It has grown old. Even changing the settings in my firewall doesn't stop it.
But anywho, does anyone know how to disable this?

Last edited:
I think what happens is that the Adobe applications are trying to contact home to insure that they are registered and properly activated on that computer. So the accept/deny message is probably from your firewall. Someone else will have to answer how to turn it off.

Al

I think it's that "Security Gone Crazy" monster, again. I don't think it has anything to do with Adobe, as, we use CS6 all the time and don't get that message. I think the URL it's trying to go to needs to be added to your firewall script as an approved URL site, or, the firewall script needs to be modified to not discern between approved or unapproved URL sites. Bring the problem to the attention of your systems administrator (or, whomever in your organization is in charge of security compliance)

And you have the full install ..
you are not using the "Cloud" versions?
-
I have never seen this warning - or validation window.

MSD

You get that kind of message if "little snitch" or something similar is installed, some people use it to run a "hacked" version of CS Software.

I believe the problem you are experiencing is caused by Microsoft or your third-party firewall software. Your Adobe software is likely checking for updates and license validity and you aren't allowing it permanent firewall trust/pass-through. Do yourself a favor and ditch Windows if you hate notifications like this and/or get a real firewall instead of a software firewall. Using and trusting firewall software is like going to war wearing an extra jacket because your too cheap to buy a bulletproof vest.

As far as Adobe updates release notes...
Adobe - Photoshop : Release Notes
They are out there (kinda vague though) but you have to go looking for them. Of course this is only Photoshop but all of the apps have a page like this on the Adobe website.

im using an imac chevalier. it's not a cloud version and it's not a hacked version slammer and wharfrat.
have you even ever used cs6? i know this is a standard thing, i just want to know how to disable it. anyone from adobe in here?

I believe you are on a Mac. I'm not using a Mac, but, after researching on the internet, it appears that the message is actually generated by the Font Management Software (Suitcase Fusion extension) during startup. It is only supposed to appear once, and then once you have answered it, it is never supposed to appear again, however, it does. It is a bug in CS6, and, I think that they are working on it.

One user stated that they were able to create a work around by disabling the Suitcase Fusion Extension during startup.

To find this information, I Googled "Adobe CS6 accept or deny incoming network connections"

MailGuru , nice, that's got to be it because im using s.f.
i wonder how you disable the s.f. extension and what this will affect.

I'm using CS6 but Creative Cloud License but I also have Suitcase Fusion4 along with some Esko plugins. What version of MacOS are you running? Are you on a public network (i.e. do you REALLY need to have the firewall on)?

First thing to try is clearing all caches then perform a permissions repair. It really could end up being this simple:

Restart your Mac when you hear the chime hold the right shift key (has to be a wired keyboard) until you see a progress bar across the bottom or the spinning gear/circle. Once this complete you will see a login screen with a red "safe mode" just restart don't bother logging in.

To repair permissions go to Applications>Utilities and open Disk Utility. Choose your Macintosh HD and choose repair disk permissions.

Allow incoming connections? persistent problem

Allow incoming connections? persistent problem

im using an imac chevalier. it's not a cloud version and it's not a hacked version slammer and wharfrat.
have you even ever used cs6? i know this is a standard thing, i just want to know how to disable it. anyone from adobe in here?
I am using CS6, installed through the subscription, and get those notices constantly. It's quite annoying. On a Mac, you can supposedly remedy this by going into the Security Preferences Pane. There, under the Firewall tab, go to Advanced. You must set each application individually to Block or Allow connections. Even after adding the new Adobe applications to the list, however, the settings don't seem to have much effect. If I delete the application from the list, then re-add it and set it to Allow connections (so the software doesn't keep nagging me about it), then turn Firewall off and back on, I SOMETIMES get the messages to go away.

extension manager cs6

extension manager cs6

MailGuru , nice, that's got to be it because im using s.f.
i wonder how you disable the s.f. extension and what this will affect.

i don't see it in the adobe extension manager.

Wish I could be of more help, Visualaid, but, I'm a PC user, and don't even know what the heck "Suitcase Fusion" is.

Google that same search argument and see what you come up with.

Best

-MailGuru

suitcase fusion is a font manager.
and im probably missing something but i never understand why companies buy these font managers when fontbook comes with the computer. it seemed to be sufficient to me.

I'd disable it, see if it really stops the message on InDesign startup. Then put it back on auto-activation and contact either Adobe tech support or Suitcase Fusion tech support and open a ticket on the problem.

I'm using CS5 on a Mac, no Fusion, no font manager at all, no equipment or software changes in the past two years, and this same thing just started happening to me, but only with Acrobat. It flicks on and off a few times so fast I barely had time to read it, much less click anything.

That's not the only strange change recently. This leads me to believe it's something on Adobe's side.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back