Collapse
Canon
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acrobat XI (v 11.0.04) Major color issue

Since after we updated our workstations to Mountain Lion and Adobe CC (Acrobat X and XI) we have had some really weird problems with the colors when viewing a PDF in Acrobat. Colors looks dull and desaturated (see attached screen shot). This is not a color settings or soft proof problem. I've tried different standard prepress color settings (Prepress Europe 3 etc.) with the same results. I've googled this issue and found a thread at Adobe Forum but there is almost no response from Adobe..

Is there anyone else who got this problem?

Do anyone knows about a fix for this issue?

If there is any help we are all using Mac OSX 10.8.5 and Acrobat XI with Eizo ColorEdge Displays calibrated with ColorNavigator 6.

Best ragards,
    Magnus
    Attached Files
    / Magnus

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
    Since after we updated our workstations to Mountain Lion and Adobe CC (Acrobat X and XI) we have had some really weird problems with the colors when viewing a PDF in Acrobat. Colors looks dull and desaturated (see attached screen shot). This is not a color settings or soft proof problem. I've tried different standard prepress color settings (Prepress Europe 3 etc.) with the same results. I've googled this issue and found a thread at Adobe Forum but there is almost no response from Adobe..
    There is lots of response from Adobe.

We have recognized that Apple threw us under the bus with this change in 10.8 and we remain committed to finding a way around it to restore proper color management in Acrobat. Unfortunately, the problem is not a simple one - especially due to the many ways in which Acrobat is used in the print community (let alone the rest of the world). We will get a solution out as soon as we can.

Comment

Originally posted by leonardr View Post
      There is lots of response from Adobe.

We have recognized that Apple threw us under the bus with this change in 10.8 and we remain committed to finding a way around it to restore proper color management in Acrobat. Unfortunately, the problem is not a simple one - especially due to the many ways in which Acrobat is used in the print community (let alone the rest of the world). We will get a solution out as soon as we can.
      Yes there are some response, but If this were a high priority thing for Adobe I think this would be fixed much faster. The problem was adressed to Adobe over a year ago! I belive you when you tell me that it's not a simple problem but I can't do my work properly because of this problem so I'm a bit frustrated.. I'm suprised that there's not more posts/complains about this issue around the internet. Maybe not everyone with 10.8 got this problem?
      It would be lovely with an estimated time from adobe, when they think that this issue can be solved (not just as soon as we can). Maybe we have to revert to OSX 10.7 for a while? Right now we are placing color critical PDF's into Indesign just to see how they look. We doesn't have the time or resources to hard proof every job.
      / Magnus

Comment

"We have recognized that Apple threw us under the bus with this change in 10.8"

Laughable!! 10.8 Has been out for OVER A YEAR! Another example of Adobe playing the lets blame Apple game. Kinda like its Apples fault I cannot option-zoom in Illustrator anymore. Adobe: Well it's Apples fault. Me: But I could option-zoom in CS6, CS5 etc. for the last 20 years but not CC. Adobes response... Well its Apples fault and we may get you a fix when we feel like getting around to it. And best of luck getting a timeline for a fix.

Comment

Apple's thrown plenty of people under the bus with things like fonts, java, color management. I wouldn't lay all the blame on Adobe. Apple gets some credit too.
          Matt Beals
          The views expressed here are my own personal views and are not those of my employer.

Comment

As an end user I really don't care whos fault it is. I just want it to be fixed as quick as possible so that we can continue doing our job. And since colors are correct in Indesign and the other Adobe apps Im having a hard time to belive that this is a super complex issue that takes years to solve.

Does anyone know about an other PDF-viewer that displays accurate color?
            / Magnus

Comment

Looks like there is a similar issue with InDesign CS 5.5 and Acrobat X 10.1.8 on Windows 7 Pro. Unless my eyes are messing with me...

http://www.mattbeals.com/images/Untitled-1.jpg
              Matt Beals
              The views expressed here are my own personal views and are not those of my employer.

Comment

Originally posted by mattbeals View Post
                Looks like there is a similar issue with InDesign CS 5.5 and Acrobat X 10.1.8 on Windows 7 Pro. Unless my eyes are messing with me...

http://www.mattbeals.com/images/Untitled-1.jpg
                Maybe, but the difference is not even close to the mac-related issue.
                / Magnus

Comment

I've now tried the ColorFaker software and it looks like it fixes the issue. Follow this guide if you like to try it:

Download http://github.com/iccir/ColorFaker

Start Color Faker and switch it on (important that no Adobe Software is running at this time) - start Acrobat ... go back to Color Faker and switch it off ... since you dont close Acrobat it has the Fake Color in its cache and the preview of the color is as it should.

The rest of the Adobe Suite seems to work normal (Without any guarantee!)
                  / Magnus

Comment

CanonKBAAvantiSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploEnfocusXerox4Over

Canon Embellishment White Paper

Collapse

Print Embellishment Goes
                  Straight To The Bottom Line

InfoTrends reported that interviews with more than 100 print customers demonstrated an appetite and willingness to pay premiums of 24% to 89% for special effects, over CMYK-only printing. They also indicated embellishment could apply to a significant portion of their work. Embellishment options can include hot foil stamping, spot gloss UV, embossing, debossing, letterpress, diecut shapes, lamination, duplex, triplex, gold foil, silver foil, copper foil, white foil, black foil, clear foil, etching, and laser cutting techniques. Download The Free White Paper.

CanonSmartsoft (Presswise)AvantiKBAAvantiEnfocusGraph ExpoDuploXeroxChili publish4Over

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5292 users online. 97 members and 5195 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,745 at 04:03 PM on 10-10-2019.

Working...
                  X