Acrobat Excessive Screen Redraw

prepressdork

I have Acrobat 9 Pro (yes, I know it's old) installed on a MacPro (Mac OS 10.6.8) with lots of memory.

It seems that when working with a PDF with a lot of content (lots of images for example), clicking an object, opening a feature window (Preflight for example), clicking a menu to select a feature, or clicking a toolbar button causes frequent redraw of the active page.

Anyone have any ideas on how to stop or reduce this (some redraw I can understand)?

Thanks,
pd

I have Acrobat 9 Pro (yes, I know it's old) installed on a MacPro (Mac OS 10.6.8) with lots of memory.

As you point out, Acrobat 9 is old. It's also no longer supported by Adobe.

Anyone have any ideas on how to stop or reduce this (some redraw I can understand)?

Upgrade to a current/modern/supported version.

You may also want to try removing any/all 3rd party plugins you have installed to see if the problem goes away.

I was going to suggest installing the current version of Reader to see if the problem goes away. It it truly does, then you know you need to upgrade.

Check through the preferences for something relating to screen view quality. Going to a lower quality setting may speed up the redraw, but it would affect the final view quality. It may help enough to speed up your work temporarily.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back