Grayscale Images in InDesign

brian.binotto

Does anyone know of a way to convert an RGB or CMYK image placed in InDesign to grayscale within InDesign without having to convert the file in Photoshop? QuarlXpress allows this and I would like to find a way to do the same in InDesign.

Re: Grayscale Images in InDesign

No, I don't think it's possible. You can print out as Composite Grayscale, but I'm not sure what mechanism is being used for the conversion.

rich

Re: Grayscale Images in InDesign

You can put a black box on top of your image and change the transparency to color or place a black color in the image box and change the image to luminosity. That will print the image as a grayscale. It works fine, I don't recommend doing that. I'd rather take the image into photoshop and play with the levels there but it works when you are in a need of a quick fix.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back