InDesign line tool problem

jmrrpress

I have some documents in which I can't stroke a simple straight line created with the line tool. I choose a stroke weight and give the stroke a color but nothing shows up.

If I create a new document I can draw a line and then copy it into the problem document.

I must have something set wrong in the problem document but I can't figure out what it is.

Can someone help?

John M

Re: InDesign line tool problem

Are you attempting to apply the color to the "stroke" fill or the "outline"? There is a toggle switch on the tool. It may be set to outline in your "problem" document and set to fill as the default for new documents.

Waunita,

Thank you. After more experimenting I discovered that I had "basic feather" turned on. With that off it now works.

John

Edited by: John Morgan on May 6, 2008 10:21 PM

I have seen in older versions that both the fill and stroke need to be set to the same color. I remember a file that just had the stroke set with a stroke weight but the line did not come out properly. Once I set the fill to the same color then the stroke weight and color worked fine.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back