CS3 Indd Export PDF issues

kaiserwilhelm

In INDD CS2 I could set my client up with a PDF export and the VIEW PDF After Exporting was not grayed out.
Now, I got CS3 INDD running on their computers. Out of the clear blue it has that grayed out when I define an export.
Sure, they can click it each time, but that is really lame.
Any ideas? Oh, and BTW, I tried to fool it by importing my defined setting from CS2 - nope, it was "smarter" than I.

Re: CS3 Indd Export PDF issues

I think I may have the solution. Set up the clients preset with everything else as you want it and without the "view pdf after exporting" checked, (because obviously it's grayed out and you can't select it). Then, create a new blank document, go into the export menu and select the client's preset, but this time check "view pdf after exporting", but before clicking "export", click on save preset and save over the old preset. I did a couple of tests by creating new documents and every one had the "view pdf after exporting" button checked when I went to export it.

Edited by: Kevin DeLay on May 8, 2008 12:29 PM

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back