Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCS2.0 Files and Illustrator

Hello,
    I was just wondering if I could get a little help with an issue i am having.
    I am working on a project in which the whole image will be printed in Spot colors and the nature of the image would require me to edit the art in Photoshop. So i have created a Multichannel image and saved it as a DCS 2.0 file. This image now has to be prepped for print and sent to China for printing. Our Vendor in China only accepts illustrator ai documents. When i link the DCS2.0 document in illustrator I get a message that says; " Linked DCS EPS files interacting with transparency will not print to separations accurately (host - based) or at all ( In - RIP). "
    Is there another file format I can save my photoshop document as, and still maintain my spot channels? Or is there another way of importing this file into Illustrator that will work best? ( such as creating an EPS out of INDD)

Re: DCS2.0 Files and Illustrator

PSD file - make a CMYK file with additional Spot channels - this can also be embedded in AI - it will create a series of opacity masks.

Comment

Okay, sounds good. Thanks for the quick reply. Everything looks good. But I am a little confused about the CMYK portion still being in the image. will this be an issue at all for my vendor? Especialy since i only want the image printed in Spot, or rather it can only be printed in Spot colors.

Edited by: RclSab on May 19, 2008 3:36 PM

Comment

Make sure to list the used inks - and to ignore CMYK.

MC files can't be placed in AI.

DCS files don't support transparency below CS3.

When everything is in a native Adobe format life gets alot easier.

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)AleyantCanonKBA
        Standard FinishingDuploAleyantCanonGraph Expo4 PeesLabelexpoKBAKBA4OverSmartsoft (Presswise)

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5135 users online. 107 members and 5028 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
        X