Collapse
Canon
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: artifacts in Adobe InDesign CS3

i've tried your suggestions and saving the AI file as a pdf seems to be working for the time being. the white lines around areas that have transparency are still visible, but USUALLY do not print. although, in the past, we tried to avoid pdfs made in illustrator as enfocus' pitstop didn't like them. maybe it's different with cs3. a new twist to this mystery: as i've been experimenting with different settings in ID and AI, i've noticed that the location of the "stitching" that will actually print moves around from test to test with no other variables changing. so the problem i am having is not only intermittent, but arbitrary. being extra vigilant is only a workaround in our workflow. maybe someday i'll get to the bottom of this.

Comment

Re: artifacts in Adobe InDesign CS3

we've HAD the 13.0.2 update since this problem started

Comment

CanonKBAAvantiSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploEnfocusXerox4Over

Canon Embellishment White Paper

Collapse

Print Embellishment Goes
      Straight To The Bottom Line

InfoTrends reported that interviews with more than 100 print customers demonstrated an appetite and willingness to pay premiums of 24% to 89% for special effects, over CMYK-only printing. They also indicated embellishment could apply to a significant portion of their work. Embellishment options can include hot foil stamping, spot gloss UV, embossing, debossing, letterpress, diecut shapes, lamination, duplex, triplex, gold foil, silver foil, copper foil, white foil, black foil, clear foil, etching, and laser cutting techniques. Download The Free White Paper.

CanonSmartsoft (Presswise)AvantiKBAAvantiEnfocusGraph ExpoDuploXeroxChili publish4Over

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6480 users online. 103 members and 6377 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,745 at 04:03 PM on 10-10-2019.

Working...
      X