​PSD file in Photoshop CC 2015

jaguwar

Today I opened the file, which drew 2 days, added in many different effects the file became large size. When I opened Photoshop image it gave me an error saying that the PSD file with the extension can not be opened.

I tried to open a file in another version of Photoshop, restarted the computer, none of this helped.

Does anyone have any ideas what to do?

Today I opened the file, which drew 2 days, added in many different effects the file became large size. When I opened Photoshop image it gave me an error saying that the PSD file with the extension can not be opened.

I tried to open a file in another version of Photoshop, restarted the computer, none of this helped.

​MAC/PC? Maybe there is some hope!

Did you create this file or receive it from a customer? I know in the past with indesign we would get a file every now and then and because we did not have a certain extension they had, the file would never open because it wanted the extension the creator had.

My file has 5mb in size, and I tried alternative solutions to open .psd file. Restart PC, but nothing of these didn't help me.

jaguwar … if you have a mac (cs6, cc) at your disposal. make a copy of the file that refuses to open … instead of extensions *.psd or *.psb … try changing the extension name from *.psd to *.8BIM … if that doesn't work, try the extension *.BIM … for me, both open as surrogate *.psd files. from there … re-save file immediately in your choice. i run snow-leopard as mac-os.

fwiw … i've tried on win7 (cs6, cc) … and failed.

Just a nutty thought . .. can you place it in InDesign or Illy? if you can place it, then export a pdf and open the pdf in Photoshop . . . your layers might be gone but at least you would be kinda back where you left off . . .

Open .psd file in another version of Photoshop or on another computer, also check backup copy.

Another methods open photoshop file in Fireworks and saved it as .psd file.

In case both methods didn't work, apply Recovery Toolbox for Photoshop, you may get it on ​https://photoshop.recoverytoolbox.com/

send it to someone see if they can open. or a different machine. 5mb is not a real large file - it would seem file size is not the issue

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back