Collapse
Canon
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS6 and Apple OS

A quick question. Is InDesign CS6 compatible with Apple OSX Yosemite or El Capitan? Thanks.

It's running on both OS X versions without problems.

Comment

I am running CS6 on El Capitan without issue.

pd

Comment

Originally posted by prepressdork View Post
        I am running CS6 on El Capitan without issue.

pd
        How do you like El Capitan????? I've always been a late adopter of OSs . . .
        "If you think you are too small to be effective
        you have never been in the dark with a mosquito."

Comment

All in all, it seems to be stable. Have had some SMB issues connecting to a Windows Server 2008r2 box but otherwise, it's ok.

pd

Comment

This sounds promising. i asked because I have an iMac running Mavericks and thought I should upgrade to at least Yosemite. A new OS (Sierra, I believe) is coming soon and I always heard the rule of thumb is to not get more than two systems behind.

Comment

It's working fine here also, I would add however that we have on more than one machine minor issues if we just updated the OS, but if we went back and wiped it and did a clean re-install those issues went away. Also, have to revert to an older version of Java I think helped with Indesign CS6 and maybe Preps also?

Comment

Originally posted by Prepper View Post
                It's working fine here also, I would add however that we have on more than one machine minor issues if we just updated the OS, but if we went back and wiped it and did a clean re-install those issues went away. Also, have to revert to an older version of Java I think helped with Indesign CS6 and maybe Preps also?
                Hi Prepper,

Just out of curiosity, what minor issues did you experience?

Thanks,
                pd

Comment

No problems with 10.10 running CS6, and no problems with 10.11 and CS6. I have CS6 on a 2010 Mac Pro at home running 10.11, fast. I think I did have to get an older version of java.

Comment

If you want to see an Apps compatibility with and OS or anything else check out the great site linked below. Also I amrunning 10.10 on all our workstations and use CC15 all the way down to CS3 with no issues really. You have to download the old version of Java 6 for CS6 and below but it's an easy find.

Comment

El cap runs quite well on a "vintage" 2012 I-Mac, but on my Mac Mini it runs like a three legged dog.

Comment

We're on the verge of having to upgrade software, mainly because the graphic designers are. To go along with the upgrades (Mac OS Sierra, Quark 2016, Adobe CC, Suitcase Fusion) means we have to upgrade our Xirton Sierra RIP and the Remote Clients that come with it. We won't go to Mac OS Sierra, but there are issues to work out. Our upgrade process isn't as simple as theirs. At least I can upgrade my home OS and use CS6 there for now.

Comment

OK, now how about InDesign CS6 and Mac OS High Sierra? Or, am I looking at an Adobe upgrade?

Comment

new imac (ssd) and 16gb-ram and 27" retina (dual monitor setup) … mac-osx-sierra (10.12.6) … running cs6, cc'17, cc'18 without so much as hiccup. while this is not high-sierra … am willing to bet dollars-to-donuts cs6 will run fine.
                            Last edited by pnamajck; 04-25-2018, 10:43 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

I ran some tests on a MacBook Pro. CS6 opened and seemed to run fine, as did CS5 in high sierra. Only tried opening a few files, no real production time put into it, was just curious if it would even open... which it did.

Comment

CanonKBAAvantiSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploEnfocusXerox

Free Download

Collapse

Trade Show Survey=
                              Instant October Trade Show Survey
                              Come On! Only 5 Questions

PRINT 19 and PRINTING United are squaring off in October.
                              Will you be at one of them?
                              Both? Neither?
                              Please take our 1-Minute survey to tell us about your plans for the two big fall shows!

Take The Survey.

CanonSmartsoft (Presswise)AvantiGraph ExpoKBAAvantiEnfocusGraph ExpoDuploXerox

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3337 users online. 49 members and 3288 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,855 at 12:33 PM on 06-06-2019.

Working...
                              X