CS6 and Apple OS

Should work with all Mac OS's up to Catalina which will be coming out in September. Catalina will not run 32 bit apps, so Indesign CS6 is done. I think Photoshop CS6 was a 64 bit app and possibly Illustrator, but could be wrong on that.

Ok, thanks. I really don't use my ID CS6 at home for anything heavy duty, so I'm good; I do Sunday school lessons with it. And thanks for the info on CS6 being 32-bit. In fact, at work there's an OS upgrade to Mojave in the works, and we'll have to upgrade our PitStop Pro 2017, as it isn't compatible. We'll have to upgrade everything if we go to OS Catalina, including our Xitron Sierra RIP. A headache, but a necessary one.

As for my iMac at home and ID CS6, a partition seems the way to go if I get around to Catalina. I can use Mojave for my ID software, and then Catalina for everything else.

Ok, thanks. I really don't use my ID CS6 at home for anything heavy duty, so I'm good; I do Sunday school lessons with it. And thanks for the info on CS6 being 32-bit. In fact, at work there's an OS upgrade to Mojave in the works, and we'll have to upgrade our PitStop Pro 2017, as it isn't compatible. We'll have to upgrade everything if we go to OS Catalina, including our Xitron Sierra RIP. A headache, but a necessary one.

As for my iMac at home and ID CS6, a partition seems the way to go if I get around to Catalina. I can use Mojave for my ID software, and then Catalina for everything else.

You could look at the Affinity software, they have their own versions of Indesign = Publisher, Illustrator = Designer, and Photoshop = Photo. They are nice apps and cheap with one time purchase, no subscriptions. They also run very fast and are feature rich doing most things Adobe's software can do.

You could look at the Affinity software, they have their own versions of Indesign = Publisher, Illustrator = Designer, and Photoshop = Photo. They are nice apps and cheap with one time purchase, no subscriptions. They also run very fast and are feature rich doing most things Adobe's software can do.

Thanks, I'll check into those when/if I get around to Catalina at home. At work we should be good, as we have the CC 2019 Adobe software so I haven't had to use CS6 lately. But my co-worker's had issues with his CC subscriptions and has used CS6 as a back-up. I don't know if that's resolved.

I still have CS6 running on my older iMac, CC on my new iMac, and I am always going back to CS6, especially for Acrobat, seems the cloud version just can't handle a postscript file.

Thanks, I'll check into those when/if I get around to Catalina at home. At work we should be good, as we have the CC 2019 Adobe software so I haven't had to use CS6 lately. But my co-worker's had issues with his CC subscriptions and has used CS6 as a back-up. I don't know if that's resolved.

What issues is he having with his CC subscription? I have found it to be pretty stable, no less stable then pre-CC.

You could look at the Affinity software, they have their own versions of Indesign = Publisher, Illustrator = Designer, and Photoshop = Photo. They are nice apps and cheap with one time purchase, no subscriptions.

One note: Affinity software is not scriptable - therefore you can't automate it. While some users don't care, in some cases it can be a deal breaker.

One note: Affinity software is not scriptable - therefore you can't automate it. While some users don't care, in some cases it can be a deal breaker.

Definitely not as robust as Adobe's software and not something I would use for live jobs personally. If I was looking for bang for your buck software for home use I would go with Affinity simply because there is no subscription and the software is feature rich and runs very fast.

" Also, how can I determine if CS6 is 32- or 64-bit? The "Arch (MacOS)" column says "64 bit" for InDesign CS6; don't know if that's for the OS or the application "

fyi for anyone dropping by …
top-left menubar … apple-icon () … about-this-mac … system-report … software … applications … “64-bit: yes/no”.

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 11.01.41 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 11.01.41 AM.png
    241.2 KB · Views: 425
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 11.01.41 AM.png
    241.2 KB · Views: 409
Last edited:
fwiw … for those out of the know … affinity-publisher is currently listed at 50% off … can't beat $25.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back