InDesign seems not to accept color settings

ASchuett

We're experiencing a weird problem here. One of our students is working in InDesign CS6 on an OSX network account. The color settings in her InDesign define eciRGB as default RGB and ISO Coated v2 as default CMYK working spaces. But if we try to open a document which also has eciRGB and ISO Coated v2 attached, we get two profile warnings that say

Embedded: eciRGB
Working space: Apple RGB

and

Embedded: ISO Coated v2
Working Space: U.S. Web Coated

Of course this should not be the case. There should be no warning at all. The working profiles of InDesign are definitely set to eciRGB and ISO Coated v2.

Has anyone experienced this behaviour before? Is this a bug or is there something I understand the wrong way? At the moment we have to work around this problem by attaching the document into the right profiles after opening.

Last edited:
hi

Do you have checked the working spaces in Indesign with an open or all closed documents?

It sound´s that the programm defaults (actual no open file) are U.S. web coated and Apple RGB and after saving a document with actualized ISO coatedv2 and eciRGB working-spaces causes the warning by opening again... ?

Ulrich

Hi Ulrich,

yes, I have checked the working spaces without any document open. They're ISO Coated v2 and eciRGB.

Somehow InDesign seems to fall back into its default color spaces despite our customized settings. I have no Idea why and I have never seen this behavior before. Anyway, in the meantime, I set up a new OSX user profile for our student to solve the problem with its cause remaining as a mystery. There are things in our universe which cannot be understood by man and this seems to be one of them.;)

There are things in our universe which cannot be understood by man and this seems to be one of them.;)
I agree :)

Another reason for the problem could be this:

The colourmanagement-settings are made in Photoshop and then the saved settings transferred via Bridge to the other Adobe programms (Indesign and Illustrator). After that someone modified the settings in Indesign, that might cause confusion at least.

Ulrich

Last edited:
I have had a similar problem. From what I have found the best way for all your color settings to be right in each program is to use Bridge. Go to edit in bridge and choose color settings. Choose the setting that's best for your application and hit apply. This should synchronize all your Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator programs.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back