Printing 24x36 PDF's in Acrobat Pro

jdr999

This is driving me nuts..

What's the best way to send large prints to the printer?

I'm on a mac and open drawings in Acrobat Pro. I have print presets set, but they won't save the page size -- so I have to set 24x36 every time.

I don't know if it's different on a Windows box but I click Print, then Page Setup and choose 24x36 and OK it, then click Printer Settings and choose my preset, then print.

Is there an easier way?

Thanks,
Joe

Do you have a RIP powering the printer? We use Fiery XF for our Epson 9900 44" printer and you just drag and drop the PDF, no printing from anywhere.

Actually, no. That might make it easier. I'm running a Canon IPF825 with no rip.

Is there any way to store page size in a printer preset through Acrobat? On a mac the page size and printer preferences are in different places which is a bit annoying.

Actually, no. That might make it easier. I'm running a Canon IPF825 with no rip.

Is there any way to store page size in a printer preset through Acrobat? On a mac the page size and printer preferences are in different places which is a bit annoying.

I use a Mac, but not for printing for our wide format. You can store page sizes, not sure if this is what you mean. When opening the print window in Acrobat, bottom left corner is page setup. Then in there select the printer first, then in the middle is paper size. If you click that and scroll to the bottom there is a place for "manage custom sizes". This opens a new window and you can make presets in there for what you want.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back