Illustrator extensions manager crashers on start up

BigSi

CS5. All ways crashers on start up. Trying to load cutstudio plug ins. Please help. Running 10.12.5. Have done updates

There's your clue, 'Running 10.12.5. Have done updates'

Guess it's time to upgrade that CS5 or downgrade your operating system.

Yup! Remove the plug in from Illustrator and forget it has ever existed, the cutstudio plug in won´t work with Illustrator 4, 5, 6 or the cloud regardless of the OS. You will have to start the application on foot.

Hi Guys. Thanks for the info. According to Rolands website it's "suppose" to work with Illustrator 4 and later. Not to sure what you mean by starting application on "foot" as far as I know it has to be run as a plug in.
That's what it is, a Plug in. Can you get it as a stand alone package? Maybe I'm missing something? I have got an older Mac under my house (with an older OS) I'll try that. I know it will run under CS3. But any work arounds would be appreciated.
thanks Simon

I have a MacBook that I haven't been able to update for the last 4 years because of this very same issue. We call it "The vinyl cutter computer" now.

Just got it to work under Illustrator CS6. OS is 10.11.6. I think it comes down to how the planets line up. :)

" install cc 2017 its much better "

nice idea in a perfect world … but, not everyone can justify paying a monthly subscription rates. i suspect BigSi plays those cards in his hands. personally, i use cs4 and am not about to upgrade.

Hi BigSi,
I had/have to work with horrible compatibility-issue for Third-Party Plugins on several Adobe products
Well......Roland or "other" companies are often not very up-to-date with illustrator functions & features

Also very problematic in many ways, and in coherence with dated hardware; illustrator nowadays is 64-bit and mostly recoded years ago!

So, your StateOfArt 2017 hardware can't; and most of all shouldn't be downgraded, compared to the dated ones; these can't run recent OS or CC versions

Best of luck.....

Hai Pnamajck,

Allthough i'm not a very hardcore illustrator-user and for sure not affiliated with.... but i do want mention it although: The Mindblowing PlugIns from ASTUTE - https://astutegraphics.com/
For those you need at least CS6!

Regards

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back