Adobe CC Update - Issues with Tables in InDesign

Jackie

I just updated to the latest CC yesterday and several odd things happened. First off my PitStop tools disappeared, fortunately there was a fix to that, under Preferences - General: click on Open documents as new tabs in the same window (requires restart) and voila, my tools came back. Now I've opened a InDesign document that I do every three months and my tables are all over the place. Things have shifted and if I copy and paste in my document the top portion of my table disappears. Anyone else out there having similar issues.

The only good thing is at least they've finally fixed the guides in Acrobat. Happy days.

I've found the Pitstop tool bar is very erratic. Sometimes it doesn't show up, but if I click the tools tab, then back to the document tab it will appear.
When I first start Acrobat, and I try to use Pitstop to select something, it won't show that I actually have anything selected. If I close the document, and reopen, it will work fine.

It's always been fairly erratic, if they disappear my work around is to right click and choose Customize Quick Tools, then I just move one of the tools right or left one space and save. After that everything is set until I quit Acrobat and have to do the same thing over again when I open up.

I did eventually find a fix to my Tables issue, the Text box had to be opened up a fair bit at the bottom for everything to appear. It's almost as if the leading had changed somehow. Really odd that it cut off the top of the Table rather than the bottom???

I did eventually find a fix to my Tables issue, the Text box had to be opened up a fair bit at the bottom for everything to appear. It's almost as if the leading had changed somehow. Really odd that it cut off the top of the Table rather than the bottom???

Same issue, same fix, same confusion.

Also, watch out for a bug where if you work on a table on a master page, then cut/copy & paste into a normal page, the headers disappear. You can bring them back back resizing the text box and undoing.

Yes that is exactly what is happening to me, very weird. Once I paste them in I have to enlarge the text box and then the headers will re-appear, after that I can re-adjust the text boxes back to their normal size. Very annoying. Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Thanks

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back