Who is still using Acrobat Distiller?

Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am using distiller occasionally to produce pdfs from ps/eps files, in order to visually check the content of the graphic files.
    Since the 1980's we used "hand written" Postscript commands to create the basic graphics for calendars, barcodes, rulers, special grids, tints etc., coupled with a simple GUI to manipulate the needed parameters and create variations on the basic graphic files.
    Last edited by Repro_Pro; 04-29-2018, 06:18 AM.

Comment

I only use Distiller when I need to "export" a specific color separation. I print a postscript file of the separation and distill. Would be nice if a specific color separation could be exported to a PDF.

pd

Comment

Originally posted by prepressdork View Post
        I only use Distiller when I need to "export" a specific color separation. I print a postscript file of the separation and distill. Would be nice if a specific color separation could be exported to a PDF.

pd
        I use a risograph, so printing separations is a key part of my workflow. In the past, I would print a .ps file and distill it, but these days I am using VipRiser, a virtual PDF printer, to print seps.

https://onflapp.wordpress.com/vipriser/

Comment

I just had a Photoshop DCS Eps file that I couldn't open in photoshop or acrobat. I couldn't export a PDF when placing in Indesign either. I just wanted to preview for a sales person. I was able to use Distiller to create a PDF. So... I keep it around as a tool when nothing else works.

Comment

Used it yesterday to process files for a rush job.

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)AleyantCanonKBA
            GTI4OverStandard FinishingDuploAleyantCanon

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4670 users online. 115 members and 4555 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
            X