Acrobat X help

oxburger

Can anyone explain why this keeps popping up when trying to open a pdf? and more importantly, how to make it stop?

Attachments

• photo7431.jpg
    photo7431.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 245
I've never seen that one. There are some things Acrobat does routinely but doesn't tell you about unless they take a long time. I would try disabling javascript in case document-level or application-level code is doing something (javascript can present those progress bars). If that doesn't stop it, I would suspect it to be an Acrobat function that takes a long time on that PDF (unless it happens with all PDFs).
​​​​​​

Does this happen with every PDF file or just one or a limited selection of PDF files?

If only one or a limited selection, could you please post a sample that we can examine. This is obviously not normal behaviour!

- Dov

I'm using XI and have seen this on a few PDF files. I just let it finish.

I take it this is happening on every PDF you open?

pd

It also does "retrieving traps" and "trap zones". It's not noticeable on small files, but when I generate 5,000 to 10,000 page pdfs, it really slows down.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back