InDD Export Book vs export single document

Eliox

Good day everyone,

I have an issue with exporting an InDD file as PDF smallest file size. The problem is that if I place the file in a book and use “export book”, the final PDF file is 40 mb, while if I export the same InDD file using the export feature without using the book, the final PDF file is 8mb. I have tried too many solutions like removing InDesign, resetting the PDF preset, using another preset, but I always got a PDF way smaller than the other. Even using another preset like High Quality still got me 2 PDFs with two different sizes. I am not an InDD amateur and I am really confused about what could be the problem :( Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Open your large and small pdfs. On each, click File>Save As Other>Optimized PDF. Then, click the "Audit Apace Usage" button. This will help see where your extra space is coming from. It really depends on what effect are being preserved, color profiles, and etc.

Attachments

• photo7652.png
    photo7652.png
    213.7 KB · Views: 254
Hi Justmike,

I tried comparing the files using the Audit Space Usage, but the point is that on all the other PCs, the preset is exporting with exactly the same size, except on this PC, the two files have different size.

I am pretty sure, no matter what is preserved, the same preset can not exceed a 2 mb difference on my HDD. And this file is jumping from 8mb to 40mb :(

Hi Justmike,

I tried comparing the files using the Audit Space Usage, but the point is that on all the other PCs, the preset is exporting with exactly the same size, except on this PC, the two files have different size.

I am pretty sure, no matter what is preserved, the same preset can not exceed a 2 mb difference on my HDD. And this file is jumping from 8mb to 40mb :(

In that case, I would uninstall Acrobat and reinstall it. That may not answer the "why" part, but it is the way I would go about fixing it. Hypothetically, if it is a computer someone else used, perhaps they modified the preset.

Well, I am happy to tell you that the problem was fixed by deleting 30 pages from the InDesign document then "Undoing" the "delete".

The PDF preset is locked and no one can modify it but thank you for your solid support!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back