Adobe Creative Cloud Subscription

BigSi

Hi there.

Am I right in thinking that creative cloud only comes as a subscription?. I was alway under the impression that the last version to be NON subscription was CS6?.

The reason I ask is I've spotted on a local auction site a Mac for sale with CC installed. He says that it is a non subscription version! I SMELL A RAT! I do not want to purchase this Mac only to find out 3 weeks later CC is not working !!!.

Is there an easy way to check.

I went threw a huge amount of hassle about 6 weeks ago trying to purchase a monthly subscription to CC. I even had the adobe tech remotely controlling my Mac for approx 45mins and he could not get to work. (Installation problems)In the end he told me it was my internet connection (which is complete rubbish), anyway getting off topic.

I realise I would probably not get the updates as I assume ownership is linked to your adobe account. Assuming it does not expiry I think it would be better than nothing.

Any thoughts?

Your help is much appreciated. thanks

It could be a cracked version of PShop CC. Ask for a screen grab of PShop’s splash screen to see what version it is. Should look like the attached. (About PShop on left, splash screen on right)

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	92.2 KB ID:	277008
Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	125.6 KB ID:	277009

You’re right, if it is you won’t get any updates as it’s ability to contact Adobe’s servers will have been disabled.
Depending on your image edititing needs you might find Affinity Photo does all you need.

Last edited:
On behalf of Adobe Systems Incorporated …

There is no perpetual license option for Photoshop CC. Whatever is installed on that system at “a local auction site” is not kosher in any way, shape, or form. The fact that the system being sold has this particular cracked version of Photoshop, it would be possible that the system may also have other questionable software installed.

If the hardware is worth buying, assume that you will need to totally blast away whatever in on the disk and reinstall MacOS and everything else from known, reliable sources.

- Dov

Thanks Gordon. They are saying it's something called "non sub-subscription version unlimited" never heard of it. Sounds dodgy!!!. Unfortunately due to how the auction site is set up (it's not eBay) I don't think I can send or receive screenshots or graphics. It's just via the Q and A part of the auction listing. Might be better off just trying via adobe again. Might get a better tech this time:) I did get my money back last time.

Thanks Gordon. They are saying it's something called "non sub-subscription version unlimited" never heard of it. Sounds dodgy!!!. Unfortunately due to how the auction site is set up (it's not eBay) I don't think I can send or receive screenshots or graphics. It's just via the Q and A part of the auction listing. Might be better off just trying via adobe again. Might get a better tech this time:) I did get my money back last time.

You got your response from Adobe. It's phony!

- Dov

People would not be complaining about Adobe CC if they had a non subscription option. It is not true as stated above, or it is CS6 and someone has mislabeled what is installed on that machine.

Even if it is CS6 would it be transferrable to another person with the sale of the computer?

Even if it is CS6 would it be transferrable to another person with the sale of the computer?

Adobe single user perpetual licensed products are transferrable. What is not transferrable are parts of volume licenses! For example, if a company bought a volume license for 100 seats of CS6, it cannot resell any of those seats, i.e., you cannot legally unbundle a volume license.

In the case cited, if the computer has Photoshop (of any version) installed as part of either a volume license of any type, the software cannot be used by someone external to the organization who buys the computer with that software on it.

- Dov

I was the prepress manager for a printer for 0ver 16 years and was responsible for the hardware and software needs. 2 years ago the company closed down, but I recently found the disk for CS6 in a drawer at home and was wondering if I could still use that on my home computer. I used to have it on my old Mac, the license allowed me to have it on a machine at work and one at home but I've replaced my home Mac and no longer have the old one. Can I install it on my new one and cancel my Cloud subscription, I don't really need the $50 a month expense.

I was the prepress manager for a printer for 0ver 16 years and was responsible for the hardware and software needs. 2 years ago the company closed down, but I recently found the disk for CS6 in a drawer at home and was wondering if I could still use that on my home computer. I used to have it on my old Mac, the license allowed me to have it on a machine at work and one at home but I've replaced my home Mac and no longer have the old one. Can I install it on my new one and cancel my Cloud subscription, I don't really need the $50 a month expense.

I sometimes "bend" the rules.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back