Adobe Color Settings?

prepressdork

Hi all,

Can you share which color settings you use in your Adobe software? Which profiles for RGB and CMYK? Do you preserve embedded profiles or convert to working space?

Thank you,
pd

Convert to working space. god knows what ICC horrors the customer has slapped onto his file.

Dork,

I work on the west coast in the U.S.A. My experience tells me that the majority of incoming files, when tagged, are SWOP when in CMYK and sRGB when in RGB.
At my company, we honor embedded icc profiles and accept any color space a client has in their files.
We then color manage accordingly to our customized printing color spaces.
In the event a client's files are untagged, we assume SWOP or sRGB for reasons aforementioned. (and if grayscale it's usually either gamma 2.2 or Dot Gain 20%). Any of these can be checked subjectively, albeit not necessarily accurate to exact client expectation. But it's the best we can do other than contacting the client and asking, which in fact, does happen.

For CMYK images & graphics, we strip embedded profiles and process as untagged content
For tagged RGB images & graphics we convert using embedded profiles, for untagged RGB images & graphics we convert input profile to AdobeRGB1998
We then convert to FOGRA 35 for output

Hi all,

Can you share which color settings you use in your Adobe software? Which profiles for RGB and CMYK? Do you preserve embedded profiles or convert to working space?

Thank you,
pd

Color settings and profiles are parts of the color management, that means you have to decide may be different from job to job - you should manage and not make an "all time decision" for some preferences...

,-)

Ulrich

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back