InDesign numbering inside cells vertically instead of horizontally.

Eliox

Good day everyone, it has been a while!

Okay so I have a small issue, I need to apply numbering to cells in a table using a pre-defined style, I know about the levels and new lists but I can't get InDesign to follow the numbers vertically through the cells. Every time I write in a new cell in the next column, the numbering switches to horizontal and then continues to the cells below.

To explain it better, I want the words inside the table to start with (1,2,3,4) in one column in 4 different rows, then continue (5,6,7,8) in the next column. But what is happening is that InDesign is counting 1 and 2 horizontally and the third number below "1" is becoming "3" instead of "2".

I hope I made myself clear, and I hope someone can tell me right away that this is not applicable without manual editing because I have been trying the so many workarounds I know but none seems to work. Thank you anyway!

Can you post a screen shot of what you are trying to do? I am much more visual, not fully understanding what you are trying to achieve.

If columns are equal width, thread a single column table through a multi column text frame. Adjust cells vertically as needed for alignment.

Thank you everyone for the hints, I see there is no way InDesign has it covered automatically and that I always have manual work left to do.

Cheers,

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back