Illustrator cs3

rande

We're working a large file that keeps closing the app. and submitts a report.
50mb
linked files
PDF comes out 153mb

anyone have any ideas to throw out.
We looked for prefs to dump; couldn't find where to do that.

thanks
rande

Re: Illustrator cs

I've seen this happen before. It's really frustrating.... the more images you have linked the more frustrating it can be. When I've encountered this it's typically because one or more of the placed images have corrupted.

The best way to see if this is case is to grab all of the linked files and move them so that Illy doesn't know where to look for them. If the file opens fine (other than the missing images) then you know it's the problem. If it +is+ the problem you can try opening all of the linked images b/c in my experience the problem image(s) will often cause the native app to crash as well. Or, you can reintroduce controlled groups of the linked graphics so that Illy can find them again.... then you just widdle away the same way until you find the one causing the issue. If you're lucky you can hide that one linked file and tell Illy to extract it when it tells you it can't find it. Sometimes it can recreate a usable version for you. Otherwise you better hope you have another version somewhere.....

Hope this helps.

~Soilworker

.... Oh, and if you wanted to dump your prefs just run a search on .plist files... find the Illy ones, trash 'em and reopen. It doesn't sound like that's the problem, though.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back