acrobat 8

dcon61

When combining multiple pdfs into 1 pdf in acro 8, why does acro 8 give an error when trying to print the newly combined pdf?

It must be something with the file, as we do this combine all the time and works without problem.
Did you try to print each separate file?

can you pick it when you open a "normal" multipage file? Seems like a problem with install, maybe a reinstall would help?

First, make sure you are current with the 8.x updates - current is 8.1.3.

Second, what EXACTLY is the error you get?

third, HOW are you printing the range? Selecting specific pages in the Pages panel? Entering it in the Print dialog? Other?

I am selecting pages, entering page 3, and printing. Now let me clarify this, sometimes I can be working for over an hour before this starts to happen. It just happened again today. Acro 8 was working fine, I was able to combine 8 pdfs into 1 pdf and still print from the single pdf, then the next time I combined 8 pdfs into 1 and tried to print page 3 from the single pdf, acro told me that this document could not be printed. I shut down acro 8 and reboot my machine and it still does it. This is happening on a mac pro with intel and leopard os. Acrto 8.1.0

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back