Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• printing business cards

Hey wussup everyone,

I am not in the print industry and don't know much about printing. I recently purchased a Xerox docucolor 12 and would like to print some business cards out of that printer.

So first, i have the design i finished in adobe photoshop.

What I don't know is the next few steps that I have to do.
    I would like to know what program I can use to layout the finished business card into even rows for printing where it makes the cut lines. Is there a program that creates these templates?
    Then i would like to know what program I can use to convert to a postscript file? Adobe Acrobat maybe?

I think after that I can just create the postscript file and drop it into a job right and print?

Thanks in advanced for your help! Any help would be appreciated

-J

Re: printing business cards

You need to buy a DI man. Slap a PDF together and hot folder to a 52DI.....$500,000.00 will print a nice Biz card

Comment

You would want to place the Photoshop document into InDesign (if you have it), step-and-repeat the business card (business card size usually 3.5 x 2 inches), and print to your printer from there. If wanting to simulate press output, would need to do this in the color management tab of the Print dialog.

Don

Comment

a really cheap way would be to download a FREE businesscard template from any number of label companies ( I used avery). Some are designed to open in Photoshop and some in word. Just copy and paste the image into the boxes and print away. Good Luck

Comment

use a vector type sw like corel or illustrator, print quality will be much higher then photoshop!
          Smatros print & natisni.si - small format, large format, flatbed, dtg, laser engraving & more in EU

Comment

I don't have the spec sheet in front of me but I believe once you get over 80lb cover the Doc12 slows down to 4 or 5 pages a minute, just something to keep in mind.

Comment

Wow, Welcome to a post from LAST year where the guy never even returned.

Comment

UltimateDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)Standard FinishingKBA4Over
              UltimateDuploStandard FinishingKBAKBA GTIChili publish4Over

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4584 users online. 108 members and 4476 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,151 at 11:36 AM on 11-17-2017.

Working...
              X