Image Rotation different in Photoshop CS2 vs CS3

We have an issue with Photoshop CS2 or CS3, not sure which one yet. We have an image that is rotated in Photoshop CS2. When we open it in CS3 it looks correct (not rotated). It is a tiff file and we are using 10.4 on a G5. Any idea?

Re: Image Rotation different in Photoshop CS2 vs CS3

That's funny we had a similar problem yesterday. It was with a PDF though. We opened it in Neo and it showed that it was rotated 90 degrees and then we opened it in Acrobat and it previewed fine. Not sure what the heck was going on. It was a PDF out of InDesign CS2. I'm not sure what's going on.

Re: Image Rotation different in Photoshop CS2 vs CS3

I think I have figured it out. My first post was incorrect. It is CS2 vs CS. I believe that CS2 with it's raw capabilities is honoring the original orientation from the camera used. CS does not. When I open the image in CS2, it looks correct. I save it and open it up in CS2. It is rotated 90 degrees and looks the way it would right out of the camera. I also think that some cameras write this info into the tiff image and some do not.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back