InDesign error code 5

leemay

I've got a 52 page InDesign document that won't open. The message I get is "... is damaged and cannot be recovered (Error code: 5)."

Does anyone know of a way to recover this document. It is 130mb.

Have you tried opening it in notepad.
Of course you will get the running program as well.
And then all you have to do is to copy all the text, and to pasted into your a program again.
It's a long job. But I have found, I have recovered my work in the past.
Eddie

have you tried opening up the indesign file in acrobat proffesional? (u could download a trial of it for free from adobe's site). Sometimes when files don't want to open either in illustrator or indesign, i open them in acrobat and they do open. then, you could just save it as a pdf and send it to be printed.

also, sometimes adobe support is better through their online customer support portal, however it takes 24 hours + for them to respond.

good luck

Which version of Acrobat pro?

Which version of Acrobat pro?

Hello Sticker,

Which version of Acrobat pro has that capability?

Thanks,

Al

im using pro 9 and alot of my files error out when i drop them in acrobat- thata not at all a suggested workflow ... didnt know you could do that..

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back