Adobe Acrobat Scripting portability

JasonFF

Registered Users
Hi there,

I have a javascript I use quite regularly on one computer with Acrobat 8, and I'd like to move the script to other computers here. Right now, the script is set up as a sequence (Advanced > Document Processing > Batch Processing...).

Right now, I have to go into the sequence, copy the JS code out, go to another computer, create a sequence, and put the code in it. This works fine, but there must be a way I can create a .js file that I can just drop into either the Acrobat Sequences or Javascripts folder.

I've been able to find lots of documentation on code, but there is very little available about packaging created scripts.

Does anyone know how to do make them easily portable?

I'm bumping this thread once because I can't believe I'm the only one in this forum that has experimented with this - if anyone has dabled with javascripting in Acrobat, I'd be interested to know your experience.

I have a javascript I use quite regularly on one computer with Acrobat 8, and I'd like to move the script to other computers here. Right now, the script is set up as a sequence (Advanced > Document Processing > Batch Processing...).

Right now, I have to go into the sequence, copy the JS code out, go to another computer, create a sequence, and put the code in it. This works fine, but there must be a way I can create a .js file that I can just drop into either the Acrobat Sequences or Javascripts folder.

I've been able to find lots of documentation on code, but there is very little available about packaging created scripts.

Does anyone know how to do make them easily portable?

You can make an application-level script which will be a stand-alone .js file and just copy that over. However, that won't connect it to Batch. For that you either need to create a simple batch action of one line of script that calls on your big script _OR_...

If you look, you will find that all batch sequences are stored in .sequ files in your Acrobat directory - just copy them from computer to computer.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back