Transparency Blend Space in PDF Files

cohort8133

I was wondering if there was a way to find out what the transparency blend space is in PDF files using Acrobat 8 or PitStop 7.5. I know you can convert the Blend Space using Acrobat and PitStop will assign a Blend Space if there is none using its preflight feature, but I just want to be able to find out whether it is currently RGB, CMYK or None. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Aaron

In Acrobat 8 I think you need to make a preflight action to informa about blendspace. You can set the blend space in the colour converter, but seems you knew that.

In Acrobat 9:
If you look in the transparency flattener dialogue you can see the transparency blend space. I found that Corel PDF files default as RGB blendspace wich can give very strange results imo.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help but in Acrobat 8 using the preflight feature, as far as I can tell all I can check is to see if the Blend Space matches the Output Intent for PDF/x files. But since I'm not dealing with PDF/x files that won't work for me. It will also check for Blend Modes (ie, multiply, screen, overlay, ect...), but that is not the same thing.

Usually it is when there is a shortcoming that is important it comes in an upgrade. I did a preflight action in Acrobat 9 where I set the blendspave to device CMYK on all pages, so that it would not get strange results. (by this i mean all dark tones going to maximum ink making all shadow detail dissapear). I'd reccomend Acrobat 9, never got along with Acrobat 8.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back