.inx font issue

a lot of clients are sending us cs3 files with the interchange .inx file.

when i use the fonts supplied and open the .inx file with my version of cs2, indy will never find any TT fonts...? any ideas why this is happening? or any idea of a solution that does not involve going back to the client?

Re: .inx font issue

No idea why this happens but I've seen it even copying from InDesign CS2 to itself in a new document. Every font is accounted for in the original document but when I copy to a new document the fonts go missing or are changed! I've seen helvetica become times and Type One become TT. Only solution I've found is to use the font finder and replace everything with what it's suppose to be manually.

Have you tried dropping a copy of the fonts into /User/Username/Library/Fonts, or into Adobe application's font folder (inside application folder), instead of using a font manager? Let us know how it works (if it works).

Don

I always place my fonts in a folder in system fonts to avoid any font management software issues, this was not working, neither was LinoType FontExplorer

/User/Username/Library/Fonts did not work

However dropping them directly into InDesign Fonts folder resolved the issue of not detecting TT fonts

WOOHOO!!! Thanks!

Ok I stand corrected. I had a conflict with Times.dfont so I launched FontExplorer to resolve it, unfortunately IND isn't recognizing my TT fonts again, even after cleaning all of my system/application cache and deleting any instances of those fonts in other folders. I've restarted the app, restarted the computer, retried this process and I'm not getting the same results...bizarre?

Is there any real issue with replacing a TT font with T1 font?

"Is there any real issue with replacing a TT font with T1 font?"
No but you may need to clean out your font caches for the font to be recognized.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back