Adobe CS5

ROFL, my supervisor was talking about upgrading to CS4 just two months ago...

Oh lord, time to study and get my certifications updated again. You aren't kidding about saving up funds!

A client phoned me this week

A client phoned me this week

They wanted to take a day to go through new features in CS4, and that was just before the official anouncement came, so had to bite my tounge and tell them we could put together such a day. That CS5 is about to launch doesn't make CS4 any worse, there is still alot to learn especially since I know the customer wasn't using CS3 full out either.

I've got a support ticket saying that they haven't actually announced this yet, I guess the date will be on the event launch?

I am trying to bag us a copy of CS4 and get CS5 as a free upgrade, so once they've announced it I am gonna buy CS4.

(Our main plugins only support up to CS4, and they normally get updated about a year later.)

I just signed up for the launch preview. Anyone hear anything about an actual release date?

My company just upgraded to CS4 as well.

Personally, I'm looking forward to it, and will most likely purchase it right away. Running CS3 at home, and have been setting some money aside for this upgrade. It's my motivation to re-learn Flash and Dreamweaver, both of which I haven't touched in several years.

Gregg, I am waiting until they announce the release date for CS5. If you buy CS4 after CS5 is announced they should upgrade you to CS5 for free as they have done in the past. So you get CS4 & CS5 for the Price of CS4.

Thanks for the tip, Sherbert.

Re: the content aware fill sneak peak. What does everyone think of the content aware scale in CS4?

I watched several video demos of this feature, and saw live demonstrations at Photoshop conferences, but when I use it on my own imagery I'm not overly impressed. I'm impressed, but not as blown away as I was when I watched the initial demo.

Anyone using it was a high level of success?

Looks like they stopped their print provider program just in time!

Yeah, our shop won't be upgrading to CS5 since Adobe has ceased their provider program. We GLADLY paid the $600 a year membership fee to keep a seat on each platform current.
Our customers will have to submit CS4 or earlier (ID files) or PDF's to get their print projects now.
Too bad that Adobe has CUT off a proponent source of software recommendations (as Print Providers HAD helped promote the products).

Yeah, our shop won't be upgrading to CS5 since Adobe has ceased their provider program. We GLADLY paid the $600 a year membership fee to keep a seat on each platform current.
Our customers will have to submit CS4 or earlier (ID files) or PDF's to get their print projects now.
Too bad that Adobe has CUT off a proponent source of software recommendations (as Print Providers HAD helped promote the products).

Ditto. And if I don't have it I can't recommend it the way I used to with earlier versions.

Ditto. And if I don't have it I can't recommend it the way I used to with earlier versions.
Ditto again. Announce that you are terminating the PSPP, wait a month, then launch CS5 - I don't think so...:mad:

Ditto again. We used to upgrade "on time". Now I will only upgrade when I get a CS5 job (and only one seat on Mac since I can use PC fonts on Mac, but I can't use Mac PS fonts on PC). You're right though, Adobe just lost a good bit of marketing that Print Service Providers WERE doing to get their customers to switch to Adobe. I guess Adobe doesn't need us anymore. Ahem, hey Quark, how you doin' babe? (cozying up to the competition as much as I can without hurling). Actually, I wrote this post yesterday, but had to come back and edit once I saw Quark is giving membership to QuarkAlliance and QuarkPromote to all printers FREE. http://www.quarkalliance.com/ Are we surprised? No. Quark is doing the thing Adobe should do, but Adobe has screwed up and Quark is taking advantage. I hate to say it, but "You go Quark!"

Regards,

Don

Last edited:
Another interface design....

Another interface design....

I hope they actually fix the interface so it is very similar across all applications. Now that I have started to use Flash, Dreamweaver and Fireworks. These interfaces are all different compared to Illustrator, Photoshop and Indesign which have there own oddities already.

p

No CS5 here since Adobe ended it's Service Provider Program. We do now accept Quark 8 files tho, as Quark picked up and gave us the program for free after Adobe abandoned us.

No CS5 here since Adobe ended it's Service Provider Program. We do now accept Quark 8 files tho, as Quark picked up and gave us the program for free after Adobe abandoned us.
No Kidding? I may have to hit them up for an upgrade....;)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back