Congratulations Adobe on ISO 32000

chasd

PDF 1.7 is now ( for all practical purposes ) an ISO standard.
<http://blogs.adobe.com/insidepdf/2007/12/iso_ballot_for_pdf_17_passed.html>

Chasd.

Re: Congratulations Adobe on ISO 32000

Pardon my pessimism. I won't it expect it to be any more standardized than PostScript was. At least it wasn't functionally effective anyways. One company's output would never jive with another company's RIP and another's export would never import without problems. PDF has shown the same tendency with documents displaying differently in Acrobat than they do in Illustrator at different periods in history. There's days I don't wonder if the whole premise of standards is obsolete. Changes in business needs and the rapid pace of technology seem to preclude having 1o's of thousands of people in hundreds of large corporations all on the same page. Besides, when were all on the same page, no one is ahead, and who wants that!

Glad to see not all the ISO auditors and consultants are out of work.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back