AX4, PrintDrive and backuped proofs

RVNG

Thought crossed my mind yesterday, Currently we print backuped proofs from our Print Drive to our Sherpa2, if we didn’t have Print Drive could our Sherpa2 still print backuped proofs through the AX4 ‘automatically’?

What I mean by ‘automatically’ is, we use Preps & the Template Manager in AX to impose and switch work styles from job to job, ie.WT, WFlop, SW to SW Perfecting.
At the Sherpa2 I always manually turn the paper one way, not having to think about the work style. Can the AX handle the function of backing up the proof the same way the Print Drive had?

thanks,
RG

Yes it is possible. Make sure you set the media type for the Sherpa 2 to ADSI (Agfa Double Sided Imposition) so that the system configures for two-sided printing. I could be wrong but I believe you turn the paper over the same way each time regardless of workstyle - I believe the system will tumble the image on the second side for work & flop and perfector workstyles.

Hope this helps,
Jon Morgan
Hopkins Printing

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back